SUMMER SKINCARE PROBLEMS AND NATURAL SOLUTIONS
When you live in countries with harsh summers, it is crucial to make changes in your skincare routine to tackle the summer specific skin problems. The scorching heat and extreme humidity of the weather give way to a number of skin ailments for which you need targeted precautions and treatments.
Simply following a strict skincare regime might not be the answer if you do not know what is good for your skin in the specific weather conditions. Summers mean constant sweating and excessive oily skin which results in dust particles getting stuck to your skin easily. Skin irritation and inflammation with increased acne becomes a common problem.
However, knowing what is best suited for your skin and consistently following a few simple steps can help you to fight off these skin problems and get summer ready glowing skin in no time.
First, we need to identify the common summer skin problems to fight them off.
1 Sun Tan:
- Tanning is the most common problem in the summer. Seven minutes in the sun can make your skin one shade darker and cause multiple skin problems.
- To protect your skin from allergies you should try to avoid exposure to the sun as much as possible. Using sunscreen is a must and you can add Vitamin C infused products to your skincare as well to provide all round protection against the sun.
- Wear full sleeve clothes, sunglasses and try to remain in the shade mostly.
- Humidity in summer makes you sweat profusely regardless of indoor and outdoor locations. Sweat mixes with bacteria, and the excessive sebum production tends to block the skin pores resulting in acne.
- The common mistake that we make to avoid acne breakouts is washing your face 3-4 times a day to remove the dirt, oil and general sticky feeling. This actually worsens the situation. By washing your face more frequently, you are stripping off the essential oils and nutrients of your skin and making it dry.
- As a result, your brain becomes conditioned to produce more sebum than normal. The solution to this is to cleanse your face twice daily with gentle, if possible, cream cleansers and exfoliate once a week.
- Wear clean clothes and use clean towels to keep your skin healthy.
- Wearing masks is imperative in this pandemic situation but masks are also making it difficult for our skin to breathe. To prevent developing acne from using masks, it is crucial to make sure that your pores are not clogged.
- The friction caused between the mask and your skin causes irritation. Wearing clean masks made of comfortable fabric is an important step towards preventing maskne.
- Use hydrating toners and moisturisers to make sure that your skin is nourished and non-oily.
- The extreme hot weather can lead to scratchy blisters from sweat getting trapped in the folds of skin due to blocked sweat glands.
- You could use cold compress on the rashes to get rid of them faster. Cold water showers also help with the same. Wear light, breathable clothes to avoid these rashes and allow perspiration to evaporate and cool your skin without irritation.
5. Dry Skin:
- The sun makes our skin dry by soaking up moisture making our skin dehydrated.
- Do not fall for the myth that your skin does not require moisturising in humid weather conditions. When you avoid applying moisturiser you increase your chances of getting patchy, wrinkled skin faster.
- Your skin might even get flaky and itchy in summer and develop blisters and swelling. To prevent this condition, you should stay away from using face wash that is harsh on your skin and strips it off all the nutrients.
- Using a non-oily and non-sweaty hydrating moisturizer to combat the drying effect of the sun is crucial. You can pair it up with a gentle cooling cleanser as well.
- The risk of folliculitis is increased in the summer months. When a hair follicle becomes ingrown into your skin you develop folliculitis.
- The follicles cause irritation and appear like pimples. These occur due to wearing tight fitted clothes. That combined with the sweating in summer can increase your. Wearing loose clothes and using AHA based cleansers and soothing toners are best suited to fight this condition.
- Melasma is caused due to continued overexposure to the sun rays. It leads to formation of brown spots on the face and neck area. The harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun affect our skin pigmentation melanin and discolour our skin.
- The common mistake of not wearing sunscreen when you are indoors gives away to this skin condition and also gives way to premature ageing.
- Look for broad spectrum sunscreens with 30++ SPF and keep reapplying it every 20 minutes if you are directly in the sun. If you are staying home applying sunscreen twice in the daytime is sufficient.
- Use a sunscreen that blends well with your skin and does not leave a sheen or white film behind. Water based sunscreens get absorbed into your skin faster and work better against sun damage.
8. Yeast Infections:
- Certain yeasts survive on our skin all the year round and during the summer months they spread faster with perspiration. You get tanned easily and also find scaly patches on your skin due to this infection.
- To prevent this condition focus on cleansing and cooling effectively.
Auli’s New Summer Essential Range is designed to provide you with no-sweat, no-oil and no-acne care.
- Alpha is the gentle AHA cleanser with Essential Oils that cleans your skin from deep within and leaves it moisturised and hydrated. It controls oil and provides required nourishment to your skin as well.
- Dazzle works as both a hydrating floral mist and make-up setting spray. It minimizes the appearance of pores and provides oil and sweat control.
- PomoGlow is the 3-in-1 gel based solution that naturally provides protection against sun damage and repairs, hydrates and moisturises. The healing properties present in it reverse ageing and treat tanning.
- Damn, Sun! is the only sunscreen you need all year round. It provides you broad spectrum SPF 30++ protection against the sun and gets absorbed into your skin without leaving any residue behind.
Experience summer like never before and have that glow up with natural and cruelty free skincare products.
Auli is dedicated towards providing natural solutions for skin concerns that are effective and affordable. Team Auli is passionate about revolutionising skincare and simplifying the jargons. Auli products are potent skincare solutions that work efficienctly to help people achieve healthy and naturally glowing skin while treating specific skin concerns. Enriched with Active Ingredients, the focus of Auli has always been on bringing stable products and skincare awareness to its tribe. Auli is simply a complete lifestyle upgrade experience that brings together the best of both worlds, Modern Science and Ayurveda.