Tips on how to get rid of body acne:
Studies have proven that a large number of women place body skin care secondary to face care. As a result, body acne has emerged as a common problem among many and how to get rid of body acne has become the utmost concern for skincare specialists. It is time to incorporate body care into your skincare regime to get that healthy glowing skin. Skin can become dry and rough easily. A proper skincare routine can prevent and reduce acne problems swiftly.
Causes of Body Acne:
Hormonal imbalance, extended exposure to sunlight and pollution are the enemies of the skin. The build-up of these internal and external factors, cause the pores to get clogged with grime. This results in skin irritation, rashes, acne and even fungal infections. These issues can turn into lasting abnormalities of the skin, such as, dark patches and hyper-pigmentation. Sun tan is also an important concern when it comes to skin care.
There can be various reasons for body acne. Primarily the neglect of proper body hygiene is the reason why those pimples on chest won't go away.
- Avoid using dirty loofa, towel, shower-cap or scrub cloths at all cost to rid your body of acne. Clean these items frequently to maintain hygiene and avoid breakouts.
- Wearing sweaty innerwear for extended period of time can also cause female chest acne along the elastic lines of the garment. The bacteria from sweat can cause serious infections if it is left on your body for a long time.
- Using creamy shower gels can clog up your pores and cause irritation. For moisturising effects, you can opt for a mild body wash and apply body lotion later. Extra creamy shower gels leave some of the residual product on the skin which is harmful for it.
- Dandruff can cause acne around the neck and shoulder areas as well. You should use an anti-dandruff shampoo to treat this problem.
- If you have suddenly noticed body acne despite following proper hygiene, you should pay close attention to the products you are using. Your skin can have allergic reaction to certain chemicals or oils present in the products.
Shower Methods to Follow for Healthy Skin:
The 4Rs of skin care, Refresh, Recharge, Remove and Replenish; are the crucial aspects of achieving healthy skin.
Despite popular belief, both hot shower and cold shower are beneficial for the body and skin. The key is to use moderately hot and cold water to strike a balance.
Cold showers help energise the body, activates immunity, accelerate metabolism, sharpen focus and release tension from muscles. It also tightens skin and helps retain the glow. But it is advised to not use ice cold water for shower as it can shrivel up your skin and make it dry.
Hot showers also relax muscles. It helps open up pores and cleanse them. Additionally, it reduces anxiety, body ache and toxin levels. It also improves sleep quality and helps you relax after a long day. Caution against scalding water must be exercised as very hot water can make your skin dry, and strip off moisture.
Follow these steps to treat your skin for improved results,
- Massage your body with oil, fifteen minutes pre shower to open up the pores.
- Exfoliate each time you shave to prevent ingrown hair.
- Replenish with a low-chemical moisturiser or body lotion to get glowing skin.
Home Remedies for Body Acne:
There are various home remedies available for treating body acne that work efficiently.
- Aloe vera
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamin C
- Pure Honey
- Green Tea
- Lemon Tea
- Epsom Salt
- Vitamin D (derivatives)
are good for the skin. If you have been suffering from body acne you could use these easily available ingredients for fast results. Exfoliating regularly and moisturising depending on the climate is extremely important in prevention of acne.
Home Remedies for Tan Removal:
In the Indian subcontinent, tan removal is of primary importance when it comes to skin care routines.
You can use orange and lemon peel, crushed rose petals, turmeric powder, gram flour, sugar, coffee, multani mitti, aloe vera, tomato juice, sandalwood and oatmeal as scrubbers to exfoliate the dead skin and bring out the brighter and softer layer of it. You can add these powders to milk, rose water, honey or yogurt and make a paste. Apply this paste regularly to the sunburnt areas for maximum improvement. Leave the paste on your body to dry and then wash it off with mild soap or shower gel.
You can also use a combination of neem and tulsi leaves, vinegar and lemon in bath water to refresh your body and skin.
Home Remedies for Dark Patches:
Dark patches can be caused by a number of variable situations. Using cucumber, potato or lemon juice on the specific areas can help lighten the skin. You can also mix these with honey, turmeric powder, yogurt or gram flour to make a paste. Alternatively, you can use two tablespoons of baking powder with one tablespoon of water and two drops of lemon juice to treat your skin.
It is important to remember that the key factor is in being regular with these remedies. You cannot expect extraordinary results after one use but these natural remedies are proven to work extremely well for all skin types.